Saturday, March 1, 2008

Subliminal Messages to the Hubby

Have I mentioned how I love to have parties at my house? and I'm not being sarcastic! I love to have parties at my house because I love to host and have people in my beautiful home and I just love to entertain. But, my number 1 reason for having parties at my house is...... to get my hubby to finish projects around the house! My husbands toys, cars, and possesions seem to have always been the envy of others. He is very paticular about what furniture we buy, what color the walls are painted, pictures, everything! This is not a man who allows his wife to take over and decorate the house :( . I love his input and that he cares enough to want to help but sometimes I think it would be easier if he just left it up to me and mom. :)
Anyways, getting back to projects.... When my husband knows we are planning on hosting a party he is so quick and "motivated" to finish his projects. For example, when moving into this house, we had a desert for a back yard for 5 months. Dirt, Dirt and more Dirt! When it came time to host the annual family Christmas party, he then realized, SHIT! I need to put grass in the backyard! Well, the crazy husband that I have wrangled up one of his workers from work and brought him to the house and they laid 4 pallets of sod in our backyard in less than 2 days. Of course, he waited until the last minute, but, it got done... It wasn't until that moment that I realized how much pride he has for himself and his image. So, when Ryan's birthday was being planned, I thought, "what better place to have the party than at home?" So, there it is, we're having a party here at the house in 2 weeks and he has been hustling to get some more stuff done around here! Jeez! I can't believe that planning parties has become my subliminal way of asking Hans to do things around the house... but hey, whatever works!

No comments: